none
AMD support coming anytime soon for Kinect for Windows v2 SDK/anyone had any luck with AMD chips? RRS feed

• Question

• Recently got the new Kinect for windows. Can't seem to get it up and running on win 8.1. Have installed the SDK v2 public beta and even went and installed Visual studio express. My system can see the thing, it comes up under KinectSensor Device Interface 0 and Xbox NUI Sensor. Running an AMD 8350 and a AMD Radeon 7700. All I get is a black screen on the samples and a grey screen on Kinect studio. I've got a white power light and can sometimes get the three internal lights of the sensor to light up in Kinect Studio. I get an occasional pop up that says 'device not recognized. I'm using an ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller (Only device hooked up on the back of my system).

But I was surprised to find that the requirements list http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn791991.aspx Intel i7 chips as the only supported chipset. Is there any chance AMD chips will be supported in the future? Has anyone managed to get it running on an AMD chip? Am I missing something obvious?

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:28 AM

Answers

• The problem isn't the CPU, the problem is that your ASMedia USB3 chipset isn't compatible with the kinect 2. See this thread for a list of working usb 3 controllers.
    • Marked as answer by Conor D. Cox Friday, July 25, 2014 6:52 AM
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:35 AM

All replies