HCK Error Message "Unable to sign package. Signing key is not loaded." in HCK Studio... What am I doing wrong? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to do a Driver Update (not Complete) in Windows Hardware Certification Kit. I got approved and downloaded my hckx file from my Sysdev dashboard. I modified my inf files and prepared them to get built.
    I purchased a code signing certificate from GoDaddy and downloaded the zip file from their website. The zip file contained a SPC file which contains my code signing certificate as well as some others from the CA. I exported my code signing certificate as a DER encoded binary X.509 certificate (.CER extension) and added to my certificate store under Personal, Trusted Root Certificate Authorities and Trusted Publishers for both Current Account and Local Computer.
    When I go to build the hckx file in HCK Studio I change the directory under Package to where my modified inf files are. I click the Create Package button at the bottom and choose to sign it using the Certificate Store. I select the code signing certificate I just installed and enter a file name for the new hckx file that will be generated. It goes through the process of building it and everything looks fine but at the end I get a message saying:

HCK Error Messsage

Unable to sign package.
    Signing key is not loaded.

Which I click the OK button I get another message saying "Successfully packaged the project." In HCK Studio under the Signability column, there is a green check mark (as opposed to the red X). The new hckx file WAS created however when I go back into my sysdev dashboard and try to upload it using the "Upload driver update (DUA)", I get the message saying "File is not signed"

So it sounds like when I am creating the hckx file and I get the "Signing key is not loaded." error, it is not signing the hckx file. What am I doing wrong?
    Monday, February 9, 2015 9:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Any solutions to this problem?

Thanks & Regards,

Mathan

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:11 AM