none
Skip Caspol RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a .dll written and compiled in C++.
    My application written in .NET C# is suppose to load this dll dynamically and begin executing them.

In order for this to work, I have always made the Intranet Zone setting on Caspol to FullTrust.
    I understand that this is not an idea practice as the change affects the whole zone and other application.

My question is, I've come across instruction on how to set a line of code in the Assembly info class, such that it would suppress the caspol checking. Can I verify the below.

[assembly:SecurityPermission(SecurityAction::RequestMinimum, SkipVerification = true)];

By doing the above,
    can I suppress the caspol checking and therefore doesn't require for FullTrust to be set on Intranet zone.
    jackerjack
    • Moved by YiChun Chen Monday, March 2, 2009 9:27 AM CLR issue (Moved from .NET Framework Setup to Common Language Runtime)
    Friday, February 27, 2009 10:09 AM

Answers

• Deploy .NET 3.5 SP1 to the target machine.  That version assigns full trust to assemblies from the Intranet zone.
    Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Wednesday, March 4, 2009 10:17 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2009 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Hijacker9173,

I am moving this thread from Base ".Net Framework Setup" forum to the "Common Language Runtime" forum, since the issue is related to CLR. There are more CLR experts in the "Common Language Runtime" forum.

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, March 2, 2009 9:26 AM
  • Deploy .NET 3.5 SP1 to the target machine.  That version assigns full trust to assemblies from the Intranet zone.
    Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Wednesday, March 4, 2009 10:17 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2009 1:03 PM