calling receive pipeline and handling the validation exception in orchestration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a design requirement where, I need to execute the receive pipeline in orchestration to validate the message and I need to catch the exception and construct the failure message to send it to source system.

I was able to call the pipeline but during validation failure, Iam not able to catch the exception as the pipeline executes in the Atomic scope.

any idea on this would be great help..

Thanks in advance

Friday, July 3, 2015 1:00 PM

Answers

• Just put the Atomic Scope inside another Scope, Long Running or None, and it will catch the Exception raised from the Atomic Scope.
    Friday, July 3, 2015 1:27 PM
  • Hi,

As your Pipeline component is inside atomic scope ,You can put your Atomic scope inside the long running scope and then you can have a exception block for Long running scope. Atomic scope does not have feature for exception handling .

In long running scope once you have a exception block and inside it  you can capture the type of exception you want to capture ( like System.Exception).

Thakns

Abhishek

Friday, July 3, 2015 3:30 PM

All replies

• Just put the Atomic Scope inside another Scope, Long Running or None, and it will catch the Exception raised from the Atomic Scope.
    Friday, July 3, 2015 1:27 PM
  • Hi,

As your Pipeline component is inside atomic scope ,You can put your Atomic scope inside the long running scope and then you can have a exception block for Long running scope. Atomic scope does not have feature for exception handling .

In long running scope once you have a exception block and inside it  you can capture the type of exception you want to capture ( like System.Exception).

Thakns

Abhishek

Friday, July 3, 2015 3:30 PM
  • It worked for me thank you all 
    • Edited by A.Shannu Tuesday, July 7, 2015 11:52 AM
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 11:52 AM