Just gotta have a moan RRS feed

• Question

• Jeez this is the pits. I hate, really, really ,really hate, trying to anything at all via IE in W2k3. Nothing works ever. You cannot visit a website without it moaning. You cannot turn off anythinhg without it turning something else on. Listen to interneat radio, you must be joking. Do some Microsoft e-Learning don't be silly you need Flash for that which IE has made sure you can never ever absolutely no matter what you try to do ,download it so your out of luck. You can never view your online bills cos they have javascript buttons and that is a complete no-no. Do not even attemt the help files to work round this as every time you search for a topic IE will always say 'Topic not found' so ha ha. Any site that has a pop-up will die, when you click on 'allow temporary pop-up's ' you;ll get an information bar that also will never ever go away. You can put the security setting on the internet to 'Low'but of course IE will ignore that and not even enable the 'Apply' button so ha -ha again. This is not productivity this is a waste of my time.

Rant over. Time to fire up my virtual PC on which I have win2000 that has IE on it that works just fine so the point of it not working at all in W2k3 is when it can by totally by-passed?
    Wednesday, June 29, 2005 2:59 PM

Answers

• Sorry to hear that you've experienced these issues with Internet Explorer. I've passed on your comments to the Internet Explorer feedback team.

-brenda (ISV Buddy Team)
    Monday, September 26, 2005 9:54 PM

All replies

• Sorry to hear that you've experienced these issues with Internet Explorer. I've passed on your comments to the Internet Explorer feedback team.

-brenda (ISV Buddy Team)
    Monday, September 26, 2005 9:54 PM
  • By the way here is one more item:

you setup a 2k3 server to dev with and then you need to download from MSDN !

what a pain that is!!!!

the XP SP2 instructions do not work for 2k3.

the best way I found was to google for a MSDN download manager download page that is there but hidden from the users......

#1 fix msdn downloads and 2k3 to work with each other!

#2 give users a link to the transfer manager download they can find w/o doing a google for it!
    Sunday, October 2, 2005 2:48 PM
  • ya i found it a bit annoying too, but you've got to admit they had no choice but to bolt it down completely out of the box, and i'm glad they did.  i can't remember what i did to IE6 to get all those security warnings to go away but they did.

MS have to reverse their reputation for releasing dodgy software, like the way many wisened sys admins won't deploy a MS product until it's at least at service pack 1, and even then they'll wait a few months for more patches to come out for the service pack!  so they are bound to tick off a few techies like us but surely we can get over it, for the sake of software that doesn't get slammered or blastered as soon as you turn it on ;)
    Tuesday, October 11, 2005 11:23 PM