none
Picture slide show in Communication site

Question

• Hi,

I have a communication site, where I need to upload pics and put it in a slide show. For a SharePoint team site, we have Picture Library slide show webpart. But, couldn't find this web part in communication site.

Is there any way, we can display images in a slide show in a communication site?

Could anyone help on this please.

Monday, May 14, 2018 4:09 PM

All replies

• Hi

Is your webpart in a wsp solution package?

You should deploy the wsp for the site collection base web application.

Or you should active the feature in site settings.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    Linyu - SharePoint Engineer
    QQ Group: 72637444

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:45 AM
  • Hi Alamelu,

I assume you use SharePoint Online Communication site modern page in your environment.

If that’s the case, it’s by default that there is no Picture Library slide show webpart.

As an alternative, you can use Image Gallery Web part in the page, edit this web part and upload the pictures or use the pictures in relevant document library.

Then select “Carousel” layout and set the seconds between each change of images.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:04 AM
  • Hi,

The webpart isn't a wsp solution package.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:28 AM
  • Hi Grace,

Thanks for the steps provided.

But, when I select the Carousel layout, i'm not getting the automatically cycle through images option. It just says, Switch to Tiles layout to reorder images

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:49 AM
  • Hi Alamelu,

It should have automatically cycle through images option in Image Gallery web part:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-the-image-gallery-web-part-bbcbe560-14a7-4369-8ef5-3255845e3bfd

Please make sure you add the Image Gallery web part correctly in modern page, and provide some screenshots with us.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 1:16 AM
  • Hi Alamelu,

I'm also facing the same issue. There is no option for automatically cycle through images. See below:

Best Regards,

Diana

• Edited by Danch10 Tuesday, July 17, 2018 7:24 AM
    Tuesday, July 17, 2018 7:22 AM
  • I am facing the same issue.  Has there been any solution?  I updated my tenancy to Targeted Release but still nothing.  I am not finding a solution out there.
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 2:26 PM
  • Experiencing the same issue as well. Tried the carousel option within the image gallery web part in both a communication and modern team site and had no luck with auto cycling through the images. Even tested with highlighted content web part and the options are still limited in the carousel choice.
    Tuesday, April 23, 2019 7:19 PM
  • HI 

I am facing the same issue, i am not getting the option  automatically cycle through images when using caroussel or is there any other way around to change images automatically

I am using sharepoint 2019 on premise

Thanks

Monday, May 20, 2019 12:11 PM
  • Tried this on both Communication and Team Sites and there is no option to cycle through images

Artificial intelligence can never beat natural stupidity.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 3:11 AM