none
MSBuild Errors in a VS2019 Qt Project (Using Qt VS2019 Tools Extension) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have installed Qt version 5.13.2 on my machine and have also installed the VS2019 extension Qt VS2019 Tools.  I tried to use the extension to build a Qt project based on this Qt example.  First it read the build files and tried to invoke qmake which took around 24+ hours.  Then it reported a whole bunch of MSBuild errors which I've put in this Gist.  

I also mentioned this on the Qt Forums by the way.  I just thought it might be a good idea to mention it here as well since it concerns a Visual Studio extension and also an MSBuild issue related to it.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi DragonOsman2,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to this error, it throws a OutofMemory exception. You could create a new qt project, then build it and see it could work.

And also, please check your code, whether the declared arrays or one data structure will request excess memory space. 

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, November 22, 2019 8:54 AM
  • I followed the example as is, but I may have made a mistake somewhere.  I'll link my code.  Here's the Gist.  I just added Button.h and Button.cpp to the solution and am trying to build again (I don't know how I forgot to add them earlier).  
    Friday, November 22, 2019 10:20 AM
  • Okay, it still fails.  The errors are in here: https://gist.github.com/DragonOsman/53a0470cd1a046d2e70cea21663c5ad4 .  I still get an OutOfMemory exception, but I don't get why.  Did I mistake with some pointers somewhere?

Friday, November 22, 2019 4:26 PM
  • Hi DragonOsman2,

Sorry for delay in reply.

I have check your code, it could work on my side.

Maybe you could try to clean your project and clear the caches in "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\16.0_ef41bc86\ComponentModelCache, and you could also follow this doc to clear other caches. 

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 2, 2019 10:06 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.  Yeah, I'll try that and get back to you on the results.
    Monday, December 2, 2019 10:15 AM
  • When I tried it, I had usage errors about qmake.exe.  I want to know what settings you have, since that should help me.  Thanks.
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 2:12 PM
  • Hi DragonOsman2,

Thank you for feedback.

I just specify the build version and the setting is default, which is like this image:

And you could try to specify other version.

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Dylan

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:16 AM
  • I was able to build it correctly in Release mode, but when running it I found that the buttons don't work.  Do you mind testing it out and telling me if you have the same thing happening on your end too?  
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 1:26 PM