none
Loading dynamically from application level add-in a document level add-in with ActionsPane RRS feed

• Question

• What I need is working Action Pane with all my word 2003 documnets (newly created and existing).

Everywere where I go i read that actionspane are available only for document level add-ins. But let's consider following flow:

1. Create docuement level add-in template document.dot with customized action pane.
    1. Create application add-in that dynamically loads template and attach it to newly opened document, in addition it loads ActionsPane.xsd too.

I tried to accoplish that but with no luck. I don't know how to access commandbars["Taks Pane"] from template also loading ationspane.xsd from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\VSTO\ActionsPane3.xsd or C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\VSTO\8.0\ActionsPane.xsd

gives me nothing, because there is only namespace defined:

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www .w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
    		xmlns="ActionsPane"
    		targetNamespace="ActionsPane">
    </xsd:schema>

In word when i'm enabling actionspane.xsd from tools -> templates and add-ins there is a prompt that there are one or more xml extensions pack available, and there is Microsoft Actions Pane item which enables action pane. How to achieve that from code?

If what i described is not possible what do you propose? Is it possible to enable action pane in existing documents or i will need to recreate them using my custom template? Is it possible to create document from template dynamically from code (action for new documents)?

Monday, August 22, 2011 8:50 AM

Answers