Site loads all but CSS and GIF files RRS feed

• Question

• User-1698432068 posted

I have an issue with a website that is using Windows Authentication for security.  When a user access the website they are prompted for their windows credentials in an infinite loop.  When the user cancels out of the prompt the site loads all but the CSS and GIF files.  I have found out that they are getting access denied for those 2 files.  The user does not have any access to the machine where the site is hosted however; I am using IIS 7 with an app pool setup to use an account that has full access to those files.  If a user that has admin rights to the machine access the website everything loads correctly.  Any ideas why users without access to the websites host machine would be having this issue?

If there is any asp.net code I can do to fix this please advice (IE. adding <authentication> <location path =CSS/GIF path> <allow users="*">  tags).

This maybe a IIS/Server issue and not an ASP.NET issue.  I tried to remove the post to find a more appropriate forum but couldn't find the option to remove post.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:29 AM

All replies

• User1508394307 posted

Did you give "Domain Users" NTFS read permissions to your content (gif/css) files and folders?

Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:08 PM