none
Extending EdiDisassembler RRS feed

• Question

•  

Is it possible to extend EdiDisassembler. While trying the same, GetNext method is not getting invoked.. and even there is no error message.. Appreciate all your valuable inputs..
    Wednesday, August 1, 2007 3:13 PM

Answers

• In R2 we do not support extension of any of the components. Though you may be able to access the APIs for them, they are not publicly supported, were not designed with extension as a primary goal, and haven't been tested for such.

That said, we are evaluating this capability for our next version and so I am interested to receive input on what types of methods you would like to see supported as well as what scenarios are driving the need to extend these components.

Thanks,

Tony

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 3:42 PM
  • In my current scenario, I am receiving both X12 and EDIFACT in a single message. i.e both X12 and EDIFACT can come randomly in a signle input file. I have written a custom disassemble pipeline component to create 2 seperate message for EDIFACT and X12. But I won't be able to use it along with EDI disassemble component in the disassemble stage.

Finally I decided to use a temperory file location to store the splitted messages and another recv port having EDI disassembler will pick them.

I tried extending EDI disassembler but was not succesful.. it would be great if we have an option to extend EDI disassembler so that we could do our custom disassembling tasks along with EDI disassembling in a single component. 

Thursday, August 9, 2007 2:59 PM

All replies

• In R2 we do not support extension of any of the components. Though you may be able to access the APIs for them, they are not publicly supported, were not designed with extension as a primary goal, and haven't been tested for such.

That said, we are evaluating this capability for our next version and so I am interested to receive input on what types of methods you would like to see supported as well as what scenarios are driving the need to extend these components.

Thanks,

Tony

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 3:42 PM
  • In my current scenario, I am receiving both X12 and EDIFACT in a single message. i.e both X12 and EDIFACT can come randomly in a signle input file. I have written a custom disassemble pipeline component to create 2 seperate message for EDIFACT and X12. But I won't be able to use it along with EDI disassemble component in the disassemble stage.

Finally I decided to use a temperory file location to store the splitted messages and another recv port having EDI disassembler will pick them.

I tried extending EDI disassembler but was not succesful.. it would be great if we have an option to extend EDI disassembler so that we could do our custom disassembling tasks along with EDI disassembling in a single component. 

Thursday, August 9, 2007 2:59 PM