Custom Project wrapper issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have the following issue. I need to handle (preprocess and may be cancel) <Enter> key event and mouse doubleclick event on Project in Solution explorer.

As I figured out this events did not routed through IOleCommandTarget chain and sended to Project system directly.

Is it possible to subscribe to this events without implementing Custom Project subtype?

If no how to implement following strategy:

When solution loaded for every project in solution create dummy (wrapper) project and replace original project with dummy one.

Dummy project must have just one IVsHierarchy item (root) that will link to original project.

All actions will be redirected from Dummy Project to original one, but <Enter> key and doubleclick must be processed it different way.

How to implement this strategy and Dummy Project subtype? Is it possible at all? And what interfaces I need to implement?

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm sorry that I didn't understand your question clearly. Do you mean that you want to handle the key and mouse event?

However, I find a document "Project Subtype Sample". Hope it help you.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb165055(v=vs.80).aspx

Best regards,

Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:21 AM
  • I try to say it more clearly.

I whant to create "Transparent Project" that is invisible to user and just wraps original "Real Project" to intersept some events on "Real Project" hierarchy (IVsUiHierarchy).

If it possible to do without creating Project Subtype, how could I do it?

I need to interseipt the <Enter> key (on selected item in Project in Solution) and mouse doubleclick (on selected item in Project in Solution) events.

Thanks for help.

P.S.

I try to do this for "native" (C++ like) project, not for "managed" (C# or VB like).

Thursday, May 29, 2014 7:06 PM