none
What are some good resouces to create live and interactive Dashboarding in C#? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I recently developed a C# application that transfers data from a remote to a local server using SFTP protocol, and convert the data from .db to .csv file format.

In real world environment, the remote server (which is attached to the vehicle) is transferring data on a continuous rate to the local server once it enter the network zone. That's mean everytime we will have more data with more information.

Now I am planning to visualizing these data in real time and keep track on the data, however due to cybersecurity issue I have to design a custom live dashboard without relying on any third party services. Therefore, the data should be customly build and connected to the local network.

Can anyone suggest how to build a custom live dashboard in C#, if not is it possible on Javascript or python perhaps?

The photo above shows how things should works in real time, I only need some ideas on how to create an application takes these .csv data and display them in a form a table, pie chart, line chart in real time.

Thanks in advance for all advises.

Sami Arja

Friday, January 3, 2020 2:45 AM

All replies

• Hi samiarja,
    You can create a WinForms Viewer for Displaying a Dashboard.
    The approximate steps are as follows.
    1. In Visual Studio, create a new project and select Windows Forms App (.NET Framework) on the start page as a project template.
    2. Drag the DashboardViewer control from the DX.19.2: Data & Analytics Toolbox tab and drop it onto the main form.
    3. Click the control's smart tag button and select Dock in Parent Container to allow the DashboardViewer to fill the entire window.
    4. In the same menu, click Load Dashboard, use the invoked dialog to locate the dashboard XML file created in the first lesson, and choose this file as the DashboardSource.
    More details you can refer to this document.
    [Create a WinForms Viewer for Displaying a Dashboard]
    Besides, you have more options in the left navigation of the document.
    Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 3, 2020 6:14 AM