none
How to get .NET COM+ work from windows 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a .NET window application which calls middle tire (.NET COM+) for data access.  It was originally created from .Net 2003 and then upgraded to .NET 2005.  Everything is working until we upgraded our app server to 2008.  Here is the situation:
    Most clients and developers computer are windows XP.  And our original app server are windows 2000 servers.  I gac and registered .NET COM+ in app server and then exported the proxy (msi file), and then installed this msi in client computer (two files (dll and tlb) appears after installing MSI) in COMPus folder.  Our application is running perfectly.  And recently, the lease of app servers is going to expired, so we started to setup new app servers and all the new app servers are windows 2008.  I followed exactly steps to GAC and register dll in our window 2008 App server.  When I exported the proxy, and then install the proxy in the client computer, the dll file is missing.  Without this dll file, I cannot add the reference to the application, any ideas, anyone?

Thanks
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 8:02 PM

All replies

• Hi d_gao,

Did you get this working?
    Are your servers now 32bit or 64bit?
    Can you search the file using Windows search?

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head sorry...

Andez
    Andez
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:43 PM
  • Hi d_gao,
    Could you provide more detail about you question?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Please remember to mark helpful replies as answers and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 9:37 AM