none
How to make non-billable transaction using session key for reverse geo coding in PHP? RRS feed

• Question

• I have co-ordinates store in a table, for which i have to get address and store in same table. This will be processed through PHP script. So each and every location query is counted as billable transaction. and batch reverse geo coding is limited for 50 records at single transaction. So i wanted to make billable to non-billable transaction for reverse geo coding using PHP. Is there any way to achieve this?
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 5:15 AM

Answers

• Session keys are used to make REST calls non-billable, but are only allowed and available when using an interactive map control. In your description above you want to make a bunch of calls to the REST services, this will always be billable. Note that billable transactions in your case would only count towards your free limit of 125,000 transactions a year. If you exceed this limit your account will simply be blocked until you purchase a license. If you license Bing Maps you can do batch reverse geocodes with 200,000 locations at a time and the first 1M locations are free.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, August 17, 2017 3:59 PM

All replies

• https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ff817004.aspx

Thursday, August 17, 2017 3:28 PM
  • Session keys are used to make REST calls non-billable, but are only allowed and available when using an interactive map control. In your description above you want to make a bunch of calls to the REST services, this will always be billable. Note that billable transactions in your case would only count towards your free limit of 125,000 transactions a year. If you exceed this limit your account will simply be blocked until you purchase a license. If you license Bing Maps you can do batch reverse geocodes with 200,000 locations at a time and the first 1M locations are free.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, August 17, 2017 3:59 PM