VS2013 Windows 8.0 SDK

Question

• Hi,

I have a custom extension SDK for Windows 8.0, my SDK is C++ native, the SDK has a custom property sheet in DesignTime\CommonConfiguration\Neutral\Common.props

When i use VS 2012 and i add a reference to my SDK the property sheet is added to all project configurations.

When i use VS 2013, with an 8.0 project, i can add the SDK but the property sheet is not being added to the project configurations.

If i use VS 2013 with an 8.1 project the property sheet is added to all project configurations.

Is this expected, why isn't the property sheet added from VS 2013 with an app that targets 8.0?

My SDK doesn't work with 8.1 because it is linked with vc110 runtime, how can i avoid it being listed for 8.1 applications?

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:52 PM

Answers

• Hi pepone,

Sorry for a last response, the item is list when the VS consider they should be listed. I don't think there would be any way that can avoid a SDK being listed while build 8.1 apps.

Another question, while you are using VS 2013 for a win8.0 app, what your "Platform Toolset" is? I suppose a v110 is required here.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think your issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Could you tell us what you are programing for? Windows Desktop application or Windows Store app? I will check whether this thread can be moved to a proper forum.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:13 AM
  • I building an SDK for Windows Store apps..

Regards,

Jose

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:13 PM
  • Hi,

Since your customer SDK is for Windows Store App, I think that a Windows Store App forum is a better place for your issue. I am moving this thread to Tools for Windows Store apps forum for better response.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:52 AM
  • May I know what version of VS2013 you are using now?

Take a look at the sticky post: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c68cd3d3-c6a6-42c0-b13e-62b79da5c85d/getting-started-what-versions-of-visual-studio-and-windows-do-i-need-to-write-an-app-for-windows?forum=winappswithcsharp

Non-express versions of Visual Studio 2013 can update Windows 8 apps, but cannot create new ones. You are using your own win8 SDK within VS 2013 failed, I guess the problem is the version of VS. Maybe you could try with an Express version of VS2013.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:24 AM
  • I using Visual Studio Profesional 2013.

The surprising thing was that i can add the SDK, but it doesn't add the property sheets so my build fails.

Is there a way to avoid an 8.0 SDK to being listed in the extensions SDKs when you build 8.1 apps?

• Edited by pepone.onrez Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:23 PM
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:47 PM
  • Hi pepone,

Sorry for a last response, the item is list when the VS consider they should be listed. I don't think there would be any way that can avoid a SDK being listed while build 8.1 apps.

Another question, while you are using VS 2013 for a win8.0 app, what your "Platform Toolset" is? I suppose a v110 is required here.

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:18 AM