none
Right click in rich text textbox RRS feed

• Question

• I right click in a rich text box for a list item in SharePoint, no menu comes up.   I had a user ask me about this and I found plain text textbox have a right click context menu with undo, copy/paste menu items. can I enable right click in rich text textbox?

Thanks a lot!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:07 PM

Answers

• Not much I can tell you then.  If it's just a requirement with no reasoning, then I can't offer any alternatives.  The only commands I even see with right-click are Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste, and Delete, all of which have multiple ways of being done elsewhere.  There is no setting to turn it "on" that I know of.  This is what the ribbon is for, and the control commands work fine (ctrl-c, ctrl-v).  As an aside, if the list is converted to InfoPath, then these right-click commands still work in rich text fields.

I really have no idea why these don't work in rich text fields, though.  I agree that it's lame.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by Roanoke Saturday, April 2, 2011 5:30 PM
    Friday, April 1, 2011 2:45 AM

All replies

• It's not something you enable or disable.  Why do you need right-click in a rich text box instead of the actual rich text box toolbar?  What are you trying to do with right-click?

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:48 AM
  • Hi Clayton,

this is user's requirement. plain text textbox has right click menu, so user want to use it in rich text texbox.

Thanks,

Friday, April 1, 2011 1:57 AM
  • Not much I can tell you then.  If it's just a requirement with no reasoning, then I can't offer any alternatives.  The only commands I even see with right-click are Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste, and Delete, all of which have multiple ways of being done elsewhere.  There is no setting to turn it "on" that I know of.  This is what the ribbon is for, and the control commands work fine (ctrl-c, ctrl-v).  As an aside, if the list is converted to InfoPath, then these right-click commands still work in rich text fields.

I really have no idea why these don't work in rich text fields, though.  I agree that it's lame.

• Marked as answer by Roanoke Saturday, April 2, 2011 5:30 PM
    Friday, April 1, 2011 2:45 AM