Issue with Certain Metro Style Apps (eg. Word Hunt, Labyrinth) - The Metro style application shows the splash screen but then just stops working

Question

• I have a Thinkpad T61 running at 1024x768. I don't quite know why but certain metro style apps just don't work. Examples include Labyrinth, Word Hunt and paintplay. They load up their splash screen, then usually just stop working. In the case of Word Hunt, it gets to the home screen but upon sliding the mouse across play the 4 letters briefly turn green and nothing else happens. The app remains responsive but doesn't enter the game

However apps like Weather, Stocks, Piano, 5... all run great!

I should point out that for whatever reason, on another user account (the admin) on the same machine, all apps run great.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 12:11 PM

Answers

• Use the feedback tool to report this issue to Microsoft.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    • Proposed as answer by Dylan-Meeus Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sentinel24 Monday, September 19, 2011 1:05 PM
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 3:41 PM
  • For anyone else with a similar issue... try Refreshing your machine from the Metro style Control Panel. Worked like a 'charm' for me!
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:18 AM

All replies

• Use the feedback tool to report this issue to Microsoft.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

• Proposed as answer by Dylan-Meeus Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sentinel24 Monday, September 19, 2011 1:05 PM
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 3:41 PM
  • Good point. Thanks!

Sunday, September 18, 2011 6:11 PM
  • you might want to mark this as an answer, as to let other people know this has been resolved ;)
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:20 PM
  • For anyone else with a similar issue... try Refreshing your machine from the Metro style Control Panel. Worked like a 'charm' for me!
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:18 AM