Cannot deploy Windows 8.1 appx package when other user has already installed it?

Question

• Hi,

There is no way to uninstall our Windows Store app that has been installed by a different user. I don't have the ability to log on as that user since it was a domain account that no longer exists.

Kindly help.

Regards

Ashok

Monday, September 29, 2014 8:15 AM

Answers

• I have found the answer by refreshing the PC from PC settings, it deletes all the other apps that has been installed by a different user. I am now able to install apps.
    Monday, October 20, 2014 12:00 PM

All replies

• You can use the following commands to remove apps , you must run this command by using administrator permissions. More information in the below link:

Get-AppXPackage -User  - Retrieves list of app packages (.appx) that are installed for the specified user

Remove-AppxPackage   - removes an app package (.appx)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh856044.aspx

Monday, September 29, 2014 4:48 PM
  • Hi,

I have tried to uninstall the app which was installed by another user with administrator permissions. But I got the below error.

Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF1, Package was not found.
    Windows cannot remove xxxx because the current user does not
    have that package installed. Use Get-AppxPackage to see the list of packages installed.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 41f80301-d88b-0003-3cc4-f8418bd8cf01 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 41f80301-d88b-0003-3cc4-f8418bd8cf01
    At line:1 char:1
    + Remove-AppxPackage xxxx
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (xxxx:String) [Remove-AppxPackage], PSInval
       idOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

I hope you did not understand my question. I have to uninstall all the apps that has been installed by a different user that domain account is no longer exists.

Kindly help.

Ashok

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 5:11 AM
  • I don't know of any other alternatives to remove an app installed by other user, if the above command didn't work with admin privileges. Please open a support incident if you need further assistance.

Thursday, October 09, 2014 8:01 PM
  • I have found the answer by refreshing the PC from PC settings, it deletes all the other apps that has been installed by a different user. I am now able to install apps.
    Monday, October 20, 2014 12:00 PM