none
Opening Outlook New Meeting request dialog using a web application? RRS feed

• Question

• Opening Outlook New Meeting request dialog using a web application.

I need to open a new meeting request screen through a web application however the meeting room name would come from the web page.That id should be shown on the outlook new meeting request dialog when the user click on the room name from a web page.

Active X option is ruled out since it needs to be enabled in each and every client machine which is cumbersome.

Is there any other option to to this.

Please help.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:12 AM

All replies

• so, if i understand you correctly, user clicks something on your page and proper data appears in opened meeting request window in outlook? i do not think this is possible. other ways around - first user selects room in your page, then generated file with meeting is sent to client - this can be done.
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 12:54 PM
  • Thanks Damian for your reply.

Yes I understand that directly opening outlooks involved the installation of that version on the server and if In client Script Active X permission have to be set.So both options are ruled out.

The One you mentioned that opening a generated file( wht will be the file extn .ics or .oft??).Do you mean to say the file is generated on the server on the fly and the user opens it up with a click to open a New meeting window of outlook.

If this is the approach, then this may be a feasible solutions.

Please Guide me on the same. I have a meeting room name which needs to be embedded in the file generated.

Is it possible.

Thanks in advance.

Ramesh.S

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:04 PM