none
[EWS][E2010] Folders to include when calculating mailbox size RRS feed

• Question

• I need to know the size of a particular user's mailbox for quota notifications.  Let's assume for now that PowerShell cmdlets aren't available.  I can get the MAPI property for the size of a particular folder.  However, I don't know which folders to include to get something close to the mailbox size.

As an example, if I do a deep traversal of all folders in a mailbox, here is the list of folders I get back:

Common Views

Deferred Action

ExchangeSyncData

Autd

FolderIdMapping

Policy

Finder

Freebusy Data

MailboxMoveHistory

Recoverable Items

Deletions

Purges

Versions

Schedule

Sharing

Shortcuts

Subscriptions

System

Mailbox

Calendar

Contacts

Conversation Action Settings

Deleted Items

Drafts

Important

Inbox

Journal

Junk E-Mail

News Feed

Notes

Outbox

Quick Step SEttings

RSS Feeds

Sent Items

Suggested Contacts

Tasks

Transport Queue

Views

Monday, January 9, 2012 4:44 PM

All replies

• The first thing you would want to do is exclude any search folders using the PR_Folder_Type property see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc815373.aspx. Pretty much content stored in these folder bar the Recoverable Items will be include in the Mailbox Size and hence affect quotas but if your writing a Mapi based application eg Outlook Plug in etc just use extended Mapi/RDO/CDO and IExchangeManageStore and you can get the Mailbox Size that way.

Cheers

Glen

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:43 AM
  • Did anyone ever figure this out?  I can't find any combination of folders that will return the same folder size and item count from EWS that the Get-MailboxStatistics powershell command returns.  I'm doing a deep traversal from the root folder observing the 'PR_MESSAGE_SIZE_EXTENDED 0x0E08 3592' and 'PR_CONTENT_COUNT 0x3602 13826' mapi properties.  I've tried filtering on both the folderclass and folder type attributes.  The closest I've gotten is by filtering out the search folders and then only including folders that have an IPF folder class.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:12 PM
  • You could try ignoring IPF.Configuration folders.  Although I don't think they add much anyway.

Mobile OWA For Smartphone
    www.leederbyshire.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:01 PM