none
How to save a created Bing.it map that was sent to me and also see it on my windows phone Nokia 928 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are having a problem with Bing Maps and Bing.it. When a map is created and e-mailed, the recipient (NOT THE CREATOR)cannot save that map as their own and then modify it.

Also, when sent to my Windows 8.1 Nokia phone, I do not have access to the pins that were created on the laptop/desktop/surface etc. That is, I get the map, but the pins that were Bing'd are not there.

Are there any work arounds for:

1) Saving a shared (Bing.it) map from the e-mail link to make it my own (and thereby edit it, add to it, etc)

2) Be able to use my Windows phone (Nokia 928, 929, etc) and actually used the map and see the pins.

I really hope that this makes sense and whoever reads it actually understands my question.

Thank you

Fred Frye

Monday, June 15, 2015 5:46 PM

Answers

• The Bing Maps consumer site (bing.it) does not support letting others edit or copy a collection/layer that they did not create. The Windows Phone map app does not support loading collections/layers at this time.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Monday, June 15, 2015 9:18 PM