Templates RRS feed

• Question

• I've downloaded Visual Studio 2013 express ( with the aim of using vb ) and find it lacking in the templates department.

I use C++ ( non microsoft products ) on a normal basis and I can handle it well enough for my purposes.
    But, as a two part challange, one from myself to learn more programming languages and one from a friend to write him a specific application in a language I dont know ( he already has it in C++ ) I have now set out to learn VB as it seems fairly straight forward in terms of languge used. Also he might have an easier time to edit the source code at some point because he cant handle C++ at all.

And thats were my issues arrise. Dont know how or why but VB *BEEP* is for some reason very confusing for me, I have gotten used to see C++ it seems :P

So with this background I now find myself in need of some answers..

1. With the massive lack of templates in express is there any kind of repository out there where I can find and download templates ? Been searching but nothing much comes into the light. ( mostly searching for third party sql and service templates )

2. While I have seen a few tutorials they have not been very good... in any shape or form.
    Can you maybe link some tutorials you feel can guide me on my way?

//Moretic

Monday, February 24, 2014 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Moretic,

1.>>With the massive lack of templates in express is there any kind of repository out there where I can find and download templates ? Been searching but nothing much comes into the light

Please clarify what templates are missing. If you are using Express Version, there are two many versions of Visual Studio. I suspect the problem is that you may want some templates which are not exist on that version.

2. >>While I have seen a few tutorials they have not been very good... in any shape or form.
    Can you maybe link some tutorials you feel can guide me on my way

At least you should know what you want first. I think it's hard for us tell you the whole things, if you want to know what book you can read, please post a new question on this forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vbgeneral

VB.NET will be your choice.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 1:42 AM