none
Access web apps - Related Items Control - Popup View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm new to AWA, and questions are piling up. Hopefully somebody can help :O)

I have "Related Items Control" and I am only able to wire it up to the default "List" and "Datasheet" view. I have created my own view "Detail", but I cant see it in the popup selector for the "Related Items Control". Is this something by design ?

Thanx

Petr
    SP2013 On Prem

Pettt

Sunday, January 10, 2016 12:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Pettt,

>> I have created my own view "Detail", but I cant see it in the popup selector for the "Related Items Control

Which data source you used for Detail view? In my option, you need to use Contract2Doc table as the data source of Detail.

I suggest you go to the Contract2Doc Detail view and check the data source. If it is not Contract2Doc, change it to Contract2Doc table or a query which query table from Contract2Doc table.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 11, 2016 6:01 AM
  • Hi Edward,

thanx for answering. I should have probably include this :O)

The view is build on the top of contract2Doc, since it includes fields from the ITCMDB.. table it is an "Embeded Query". The weird point is the behaviour.

I create the view and I can see it and link it. All works fine.
    Sometimes after some changes "unrelated to this control" on this form, it disconnects and although it is still available under VIEWS, i can no longer select and use it as popup view.

Seems like some internal procedure triggered on the background checking the "integrity" of the form, cuts me off..

Sad... :O(

THX
    Petr

Pettt

Monday, January 11, 2016 11:20 PM
  • Hi Pettt,

I am glad your original issue has been resolved, and I suggest you mark the helpful reply as answer to close this thread.

If you have any other issues, please feel free to post new threads in this forum.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 2:01 AM
  • Ohh,

I probably have to work on my English. The issue unfortunately is not solved, as I've tried to describe in my second post below the DB image...

Sorry for confusion

Pettt

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 3:09 PM
  • Hi Pettt,

>> Sometimes after some changes "unrelated to this control" on this form, it disconnects and although it is still available under VIEWS, i can no longer select and use it as popup view.

I am not sure what your current issue is. Have you bind embedded query for the popup view? If not, it would be helpful if you could share us your steps. What do you mean with “all works fine”? Base on later description, did you mean some changes unrelated to this control make it not work? If so, which changes you made?

Best Regards,

Edward

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:13 AM
  • Hi Pettt,

Have your issue been resolved? If not, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Edward

Friday, January 15, 2016 6:25 AM