none
MFC Smart Device ActiveX Control can not be registered in WEC 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

There are many questions similar to yours ... but yet do not a valid answer.

I have started a MFC Smart device ActiveX Control, then I created a cab setup, then I install but nothing happens. I have checked a registry remotely, then a entered a command regsvr32 MessageControlExtension.ocx, then Could Not Load MessageBoxExtension.ocx

I appreciate any help

antonio

Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:12 AM

Answers

• What resulted from 'regsvr32 MessageBoxExtension.ocx'? You got the "could not load" error? Was the OCX compiled for the correct operating system? Correct processor?

Normally in Windows CE you specify full paths to *everything*, including parameters to regsvr32. Since you have a space in your path name, you'll want to quote it: regsvr32 "\program files\messageboxextension\messageboxextension.ocx". Does this fix the "could not load" error?

Paul T.

Friday, February 8, 2013 6:20 PM

All replies

• What resulted from 'regsvr32 MessageBoxExtension.ocx'? You got the "could not load" error? Was the OCX compiled for the correct operating system? Correct processor?

Normally in Windows CE you specify full paths to *everything*, including parameters to regsvr32. Since you have a space in your path name, you'll want to quote it: regsvr32 "\program files\messageboxextension\messageboxextension.ocx". Does this fix the "could not load" error?

Paul T.

Friday, February 8, 2013 6:20 PM
  • Hi

Very thanks for reply. I will try any deployment device and check command line.

I'm using Virtual Machines (Windows Embedded Compact 7). I will try in real machine.

Because the LIC file must be together the ActiveX control. I will check license too.

thanks

antonio

Edit:

I can successfully install from \windows directory as:

\windows>regsvr32 "\program files\MessageBoxExtension\MessageBoxExtension.ocx"

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:29 AM

Paul T.

I can successfully install from /windows directory as:

\windows>regsvr32 "\program files\MessageBoxExtension\MessageBoxExtension.ocx"

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:28 AM