We couldn't get your developer license for windows 8.1 preview - Error 0x80072F00

Question

• Hi,

I am getting this on my Windows 8.1 Preview. Until today I had the license to create Windows 8 and 8.1 apps. 

I even tried to renew to license through Powershell, but nothing worked.

Appreciate your all help.

Thanks.

Happy Coding.

Regards,
    Jaliya Udagedara (MCPD,MCSD) | My Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,Jaliya

Make sure that the computer you have installed it on have internet access and the network

connection is ok!

Also,you can verify the computer can go through any  kind of proxy or firewall, authenticating or

otherwise!

Best Wishes!

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 23, 2013 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,Jaliya

Make sure that the computer you have installed it on have internet access and the network

connection is ok!

Also,you can verify the computer can go through any  kind of proxy or firewall, authenticating or

otherwise!

Best Wishes!

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 23, 2013 6:36 AM
  • Dear Anne,

Thank you so much for the answer.

Yes, the error was because of some issue with the internet access. I can login, but VS is not able to reach the license provider.

I tried with a open internet connection, and through that I was able to get the developer license.

Anyway, would love more descriptive error messages :)

Thanks again.

Happy Coding.

Regards,
    Jaliya Udagedara (MCPD,MCSD) | My Blog

Friday, August 23, 2013 10:34 AM