sharepoint membership FBA users and groups isolation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

using sharepoint foundation 2013. 

After configuring FBA with membership and role manager i have some questions/issues:

There is a way to use simplemembership instead of membership with SQLprovider?

there is a way to isolate users and groups from each site collections? i mean if i have users and groups for one site collection there is a way to be this users and groups hidden from the other sites collections?

recommended solution for sharepoint 2013 to manage users and groups in a membership database?

URL for understanding how sharepoint uses ApplicationID to register to the membership application table, (mainly to share users and passwords with other asp.net applications

Thanks

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 6:44 AM

Answers

• Sharepoint foundation only allows membership (not simplemembership)

If you want to isolate users and groups from one site collection to other you should create different membership string connections/ providers

found on internet and tested

• Marked as answer by JLSF Saturday, November 10, 2012 10:30 AM
    Saturday, November 10, 2012 4:06 AM

All replies

• Sharepoint foundation only allows membership (not simplemembership)

If you want to isolate users and groups from one site collection to other you should create different membership string connections/ providers

found on internet and tested

• Marked as answer by JLSF Saturday, November 10, 2012 10:30 AM
    Saturday, November 10, 2012 4:06 AM
  • people picker -onlysearchwithinsitecollection

I'm looking for FBA user manager for SP2013foundation

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:04 PM
  • Hi i´ve just know the 2010 version on codeplex but you can use LDAP as user repository and use the multiple LDAP managers to administer users.

Orrrrrr if you would like to help me to move FBA to 2013 it's ok

TX

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:10 PM