none
change text alignment dynamically in lightswitch RRS feed

• Question

• i have application that need to insert data in multi-languages English, French, and Arabic, so  when am try to write on  Arabic the system ignore the text alignment,,

there is away to change text alignment dynamically when i move to type in Arabic language  ?

If (myAnswer == valuable ) {return Vote +1;} Else { "sorry but am trying to help you";} Jamil MilheM
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 1:25 PM

Answers

• I'm sorry Jamil that I don't have info that would satisfy your requirements, but in LightSwitch Version 1.0 multiculture environment isn't supported.

Best regards

Spaso Lazarevic
    • Marked as answer by Jamil MilheM Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:17 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Jamil

When you use Arabic culture, you get right to left alignment, but when you use i.e. English alignment is left to right. Without custom shell extension you can't get proper alignment using non Arabic culture as I know.

Best regards

Spaso Lazarevic
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:32 PM
  • I don't see any way that you're going to have LightSwitch be able to "mix & match" cultures that use *different* text alignments.

Would you like LightSwitch to make your coffee too? :-P

So, are you saying you have a combobox, or something that tells LS that the next control on the screen is going to be Arabic? I guess you could write code in the combobox's changed event, then change the text alignment of the control. But mixing cultures is alwasy going to be "clunky" in V!, as LS just wasn't designed to have multiple cultures.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

If you find a reply helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful", if a reply answers your question, please click "Mark as Answer"

By doing this you'll help people find answers faster.
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:26 AM
  • hah 

its not funny answer,, i think we are in technical forum,

any way  there is some missing

lsn

i have the application in English culture   and i need it in english 

but in some case i need to fill some data in textbox in arabic or mandarin (right to left alignment)

so the system save the text with left to right alignment..

that's it Mr Yann

If (myAnswer == valuable ) {return Vote +1;} Else { "sorry but am trying to help you";} Jamil MilheM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:05 PM
  • thanx Mr. Lazarevic

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:07 PM
  • I'm sorry Jamil that I don't have info that would satisfy your requirements, but in LightSwitch Version 1.0 multiculture environment isn't supported.

Best regards

Spaso Lazarevic
    • Marked as answer by Jamil MilheM Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:17 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:11 PM
  • Many thanks you are always help me,,
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:18 PM
  • You're welcome :)

Happy LightSwitch-ing

Spaso Lazarevic
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:21 PM
  • My point was, Mr Jamil, that you're asking LisghtSwitch to do things it wasn't designed to do in this version. Your situation is an "edge case" that wouldn't have been popular enough (ie done by enough peopleto have made it anywhere near the top of the team's priority list.
    Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

If you find a reply helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful", if a reply answers your question, please click "Mark as Answer"

By doing this you'll help people find answers faster.
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:54 PM