none
Xamarin Tools for VS- set up package missing or damaged- /vs_community.exe

Question

• Greetings all!

Trying to install Xamarin Tools for Visual Studio, but when I run the installer I get a message saying that there is a missing or damaged package, and am given the options of skipping the package or supplying a path to the package 'vs_community.exe'. Skipping the package seems to result in Xamarin not installing propperly, and I can't find the package in question on my computer. Anyone run into this before?

I found on Google that there was a similar problem for the Visual Studio installer a while back, and that downloading the iso for the installer was an adequate work around, however there doesn't seem to be an iso available for the Xamarin Tools installation file so I'm at a loss where to go from here.

Friday, May 20, 2016 10:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

if you download the Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition with Update 2 ISO, then the xamarin package should be part of it. You can download the iso on the download page of Visual Studio at https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs but do not use the direct download link at the top. Click on the Visual Studio 2015 link below the "Visual Studio Downloads" Topic and then on Community 2015 if that is not already shown on the right side. Now you can select the language of your download and that you want to get an ISO and click on download.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Saturday, May 21, 2016 3:44 AM