none
Duplex printing VSTO RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using the Document.PrintOut() method to force a print of my Word (office2010) document. I would like to set a property stipulating that the document should be duplex printed or not.  Apparantly that is not available. 

I have a ManualDuplex setting, but that does not seem to do the trick. Is there any easy way to force duplex printing?

Secondly I use the print-to-file option to build up a 'local' print queue and sent multiple document at once to the printer.  Is there any easy solution to simply print word documents from within VSTO without opening them?

Friday, May 3, 2013 7:14 AM

Answers

• no, both tasks are outside of what vsto exposes.
    Friday, May 3, 2013 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

As far as I'm concerned, setting the ManualDuplexPrint parameter of Document.PrintOut method is the most appropriate way to accomplish your task.

>Is there any easy solution to simply print word documents from within VSTO without opening them?

If you automate Word to print the document, you'll need to open it first. If you don't want to open the document, I guess you can refer to Printer related Windows APIs to automate your printer directly.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 10, 2013 8:50 AM

All replies

• no, both tasks are outside of what vsto exposes.
    Friday, May 3, 2013 8:24 AM
  • Any chance you get set me on track on how to achieve duplex printing?
    Friday, May 3, 2013 8:35 AM
  • maybe try out Automation, office apps should support it fully.
    Friday, May 3, 2013 2:14 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

As far as I'm concerned, setting the ManualDuplexPrint parameter of Document.PrintOut method is the most appropriate way to accomplish your task.

>Is there any easy solution to simply print word documents from within VSTO without opening them?

If you automate Word to print the document, you'll need to open it first. If you don't want to open the document, I guess you can refer to Printer related Windows APIs to automate your printer directly.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 10, 2013 8:50 AM