none
Various Event Log Errors and Warnings RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just started with embedded and created my first custom images with ICE. After the first logon I opened up event viewer to have a look on possible errors. Well, there were a bunch of administrative events.

Starting with:

<Provider Name="Application Popup"/>
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">877</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Data>DATABASE NOT LOADED</Data>
    <Message>There was error [DATABASE NOT LOADED] processing the driver database.</Message>
    <Level>Error</Level>

I assume I have a component missing? I have no clue were to start troubleshooting this.

Next one:

<Provider Name="SNMP"/> <EventID Qualifiers="49407">1500</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Message>The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key

SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SNMP\Parameters\TrapConfiguration.</Message>

<Level>Error</Level>

In my answer file, I can't find a package name containing SNMP using the search function. I can see however, that there are multiple dll files containing "snmp" in "Windows Embedded Edition/Files".

According to the help file, there are SNMP settings as part of "Feature Set Packages" > "Networking" > "Small Networking Services". There isn't any mentioning about SNMP service beeing part of it though. I don't know what component did install SNMP service on my machine.

What component is responsible for insatlling SNMP service?

I assume the error above is a result of the missing settings from the component "Small Networking Services"? 

There was no validation error regarding SNMP or Small Networking Services.

Next one is:

<Provider Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}"

Name="Service Control Manager"

EventSourceName="Service Control Manager"/> <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7023</EventID> <Data Name="param1">IIS Admin Service</Data> <Message>The IIS Admin Service service terminated with the following error:

The system cannot find the file specified.</Message>

I understand .Net Framework 3.0 requires component "Windows Process Activiation Service" located under "Internet Information Services - IIS". WPAS is the only component from that tree I have added to my answer file. I'd like to avoid this error without installing IIS components. I can't find any comment about IIS Admin service in the helpfile. What component is responsible for installing IIS Admin service and what file is missing anyway?

Next one:

<Provider Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}"

Name="Service Control Manager"

EventSourceName="Service Control Manager"/> <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7023</EventID> <Data Name="param1">Superfetch</Data> <Data Name="param2">%%2</Data> <Message>The Superfetch service terminated with the following error:

The system cannot find the file specified.</Message> <Level>Error</Level>

I don't know why this error appears. All I can say is, I have nothing but "Windows Embedded Standard Startup Screens" added under "Embedded Enabling Features".

Well, I have a couple more errors but this is enough for now. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Sebastian

Monday, May 14, 2012 12:13 PM

Answers

• Ignore them. Since you can create custom images, some items are going to be missing when packages are not included. If the packages validate in ICE, then the image should be good to go.

-sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, May 14, 2012 4:59 PM

All replies

• Ignore them. Since you can create custom images, some items are going to be missing when packages are not included. If the packages validate in ICE, then the image should be good to go.

-sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, May 14, 2012 4:59 PM
  • Not a good answer. If it can be ignored it should be changed to a warning with appropriate documentation of why it is not fatal.  Somehow I get the feeling that something is not running that should be since I am running the Professional version.  I have several new errors that are showing up since the last upgrade pass. Microsoft is getting really sloppy with its error reporting and handling.
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 9:03 PM
  • Are you using Windows Embedded Standard 7 image? or is this a Windows 7 image?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 11:19 PM