none
How to create new Excel Sheet from Content Pane App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

There is requirement to fetch data from multiple tables. To bind one table data to content pane sheet.

And remaining tables data to bind to sheet by dynamically creating sheet.

Could you please provide few guidelines on whether the above scenario possible Using jquery and through use of ActiveX object

Thanks,

Ravi Ayitha

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:03 PM

Answers

• Hi, Ravi

I'll answer each of your questions here. Let me know if you would like any clarification. Thanks!

There is requirement to fetch data from multiple tables. To bind one table data to content pane sheet.

Yes, a content app in Excel can bind to multiple tables. And those tables can be on the same sheet as the app or on different sheets. And yes, bindings do allow the app to fetch the data from any of the bound tables.

And remaining tables data to bind to sheet by dynamically creating sheet.

It is not possible for an app to create a new sheet. If you explain the goal of the app, I can suggest ways to accomplish your scenario without creating new sheets dynamically.

Could you please provide few guidelines on whether the above scenario possible Using jquery and through use of ActiveX object.

jQuery can be used for UI features in any app, but ActiveX is not supported. However, neither jQuery nor ActiveX are required to create or read from bindings to tables - you can get all the functionality you need with only JavaScript and HTML.

Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:15 AM