none
Deployment issue RRS feed

• Question

• hi I am facing a strange deployment issue. I am trying to deploy my outlook addin for outlook 2010. My addin is created and packaged through VS2010. The problem i am facing is that whenever  I am installing the addin. The addin at the time of installation in outlook 2010 gives a prompt that

Then  by going to VS2010 command promt i use the command mage -cc to  clear the cache. Please guide me how to get rid of this step as on deployment I cant ask every body to follow this step.

Secondly after following this step when I clear off the cache the addin gets activated but as soon as I resart outlook 2 instances of this addin gets created. Please guide?

Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• is there no one who can reply???Plz reply
    Friday, October 28, 2011 10:16 AM
  • Hi vermanubhav,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

It’s based on my experience that your Outlook has installed an add-in which has the same name of your current add-in. I’m not sure about whether the add-in which already installed was created by other person. If it’s created by yourself, please click “Build” -> “Clean Solution” on the Visual Studio 2010 to clean it before you start to install it. As usual, I never find Outlook will raise to add-in instance which have same name. Please double check it and tell me where you find this issue.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, October 31, 2011 5:54 AM
  • Hi Tom thanks for replying

Its not on the same machine. But on any machine I try to install. This is a very surprising thing which I have seen. The same addin with same name is automatically getting insalled as soon as i restart my Outlook.

Monday, October 31, 2011 7:12 AM
  • ???Please suggest.
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 9:10 AM
  • Hi vermaanubhav,

Would you reproduce your issue to a simple project and share it for me?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 10:14 AM
  • Hi Tom I managed to do it. It was problem related to  registry entry.
    • Marked as answer by vermaanubhav Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:39 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:39 AM