none
Export and Import of Tables between Excel and SQL RRS feed

• Question

• Basically, my question is - how can I upload a table from Excel on MySQL using VBA at the Excel back end?
    • Moved by Youjun Tang Wednesday, March 18, 2015 9:45 AM more related to the suggested forum
    • Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:29 PM Excel-specific
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 7:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Newbie_AyZee,

Based on the description, you want import data from Excel into SQL using VBA.

As far as I know, we can use ADO with the SQLOLEDB Provider to connect to the destination of your Excel-to-SQL import. And here is an helpful article for your reference:
    How to import data from Excel to SQL Server

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Newbie_AyZee,

As your issue is related to Office, It is not related to VB. I'll move your post to Office Forum for supports. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Youjun Tang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 9:45 AM
  • Hello Newbie,

Are you talking about Office 365 (Excel online)? What do you mean saying "at the Excel back end"? Do you want to run the code on the server side?

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 10:08 AM
  • Hi Eugene, first of all, thanks for answering. I am not talking about Excel online. I am talking about the Excel 2010 or any other version of Excel in the MS Office package on your system. If you press Alt+F11 after opening Excel, you reach the back end where all the modules exist. I am talking about this back end. What should be my plan of action if I wish that an entire table(with records in a fixed format) that originally exists on Excel be transferred to an SQL table created in that very format in which the table to be imported is?
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 4:39 PM
  • Hi Newbie_AyZee,

Based on the description, you want import data from Excel into SQL using VBA.

As far as I know, we can use ADO with the SQLOLEDB Provider to connect to the destination of your Excel-to-SQL import. And here is an helpful article for your reference:
    How to import data from Excel to SQL Server

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:37 AM