none
Which authentication method would be best to have the user authenticate against Azure AD? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm including EF Core in my API project. I'm following a course on Lynda about this. When that course was made, there was only 1 way to connect to an Azure SQL db, and that is with SQL authentication. Now there are 3 ways: SQL authentication, AD password authentication and AD integrated authentication. Since my boss and his higher ups insist that the user must authenticate against AD, wouldn't it be better if I use either AAD password authentication or AAD integrated authentication?

Rod

Friday, October 26, 2018 5:40 PM

Answers

• What kind of autentication does IIS have for Azure?  All ASP.NET programs run under the context of the ASP.NET Worker Process that is servicing that APP Pool that is hosting the Web program, which are the credentials that will be presented to access a resource.
    • Marked as answer by Rod at Work Friday, October 26, 2018 7:35 PM
    Friday, October 26, 2018 7:29 PM

All replies

• What kind of autentication does IIS have for Azure?  All ASP.NET programs run under the context of the ASP.NET Worker Process that is servicing that APP Pool that is hosting the Web program, which are the credentials that will be presented to access a resource.
    • Marked as answer by Rod at Work Friday, October 26, 2018 7:35 PM
    Friday, October 26, 2018 7:29 PM
  • Ah, so then when I publish the API to Azure, that will determine what authentication type I'm using. Thank you, DA924x.

Rod

Friday, October 26, 2018 7:33 PM
  • Ah, so then when I publish the API to Azure, that will determine what authentication type I'm using. Thank you, DA924x.

Rod

I  think that when you deploy to IIS, then you will determine the autentication needed.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/howto-mfaserver-iis

Friday, October 26, 2018 7:37 PM