none
Multiple visual studio accounts.

Question

• Hello,

I've got two visual studio accounts, one for Work, and one for personal use.

Om my laptop I'd like to switch between those accounts, but that is a bit (lot) of a hassle. If I select the user that's logged in at the top, the only option I get is account settings. If I go there I can log out, but this does not only log me out, it also removes the users, so every time I need to setup a user account again. Am I missing something?

The next question would be about source control settings for this users. For the Work account the source control should be TFS (a server at my office), for personal use I'm using the visual studio online git solution. So ideally the current source control plugin should be linked to the user. Now everytime I need to switch, is 'Extra', 'Options', 'Source control' and select the plugin. (again what am I missing).

Thanks in advance

Friday, February 05, 2016 8:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Nils35,

Could you please tell me what's the version of your Visual Studio?

I just did a test in my side using VS2015 Community. When I click sign out button. It asks me to input a email address then it will jump to the sign in page.

So after click the sign out button. You need to sign in it again.

Please see the following screenshot:

After signed out. You can switch another user in the sign in page.

For you second question. Since one thread for one issue. I suggest you could open a new thread in our forum then we will follow it.

Thanks for you understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, February 08, 2016 1:40 AM