none
How can I use WebBrowser to open up Edge Browser instead of IE? Or is there another class I should be using? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use the web browser object to navigate to a web page while including a cookie.

Previously, I was using wb.Navigate(URI, string, byte[], string) to get the cookie and it works when opening up IE.

When I was looking p the WebBrowser control, I saw:

"In Windows 10 the WebBrowser control will use Internet Explorer's legacy rendering engine, mshtml.dll. At this time EdgeHTML is not available through the web browser control." 

However, I'm not worried about the renderer so is using WebBrowser still a valid approach for me?

Another idea I was looking into was launching a process and setting filename to the web page. This works, however, I don't see how I can attach a cookie.

Monday, November 30, 2015 7:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you launch a process using Process Start(), I am afraid there is no avaiable method in that class to help you implement this. For more information, please check thread Sending Cookies with Process.Start

>>"In Windows 10 the WebBrowser control will use Internet Explorer's legacy rendering engine, mshtml.dll. At this time EdgeHTML is not available through the web browser control." 

Please try to change per application by a registry key. The following thread can tell the control to load Edge by adding the registry key:

Add new microsoft edge to web broswer control?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 8:43 AM

All replies

• I dont have Edge so I cant be sure, but did you try using some third-party API like Selenium?
    Monday, November 30, 2015 7:54 PM
  • This isn't for testing. This is for an application that launches a web browser. If a user has edge, we want the application to launch inside of the edge browser.
    Monday, November 30, 2015 7:59 PM
  • Hi,

If you launch a process using Process Start(), I am afraid there is no avaiable method in that class to help you implement this. For more information, please check thread Sending Cookies with Process.Start

>>"In Windows 10 the WebBrowser control will use Internet Explorer's legacy rendering engine, mshtml.dll. At this time EdgeHTML is not available through the web browser control." 

Please try to change per application by a registry key. The following thread can tell the control to load Edge by adding the registry key:

Add new microsoft edge to web broswer control?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 8:43 AM