none
Simple Bluetooth Mouse RRS feed

• Question

• I have build a device consisting of Arduino uno (clone), HC-05 bluetooth module and analog joystick. I made test to check if the bluetooth sends what im asking for and it actually does.

Right now windows sees my device as bluetooth (hc-05 is not HID ready) I need to write a driver that will read data from HC-05 and then use it to control mouse cursor.

When i thought about it, it seems very simple:
    > Tell windows from which device he has to listen
    > Get data from that device and reinterpret it as x/y cords (+ buttons eventually) 
    > Control the mouse pointer

But when i started to read about it, it scared me there is tons of things sample drivers have plenty lines of code that does not make sense to me, there is no basic tutorial how to start with this. 

So im stuck with this project and will soon fail my class because i wanted to do thing that will be usefull for me and im unable to finish it. If anyone could suggest me what can i do or how can I do this in some simple way i would be more than gratefull

Thursday, June 6, 2019 12:51 PM

All replies

• By FAR the simplest answer is to make your Bluetooth device be HID-compatible.  Then everything just plugs and plays, no kernel programming necessary.

Are you able to read data from your device in a user-mode application?  If so, then you can use the SendInput API to inject mouse events into the system mouse queue.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Thursday, June 6, 2019 5:00 PM