custom context menu?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can somebody guide me how to draw custom color(gradient color)  for mouse over on the menu of the context menu in winform?

i am trying to get vista effect.

Thanks.

Monday, April 12, 2010 12:13 PM

Answers

• If you are looking to have a Gradient Background in the context menu then following code can be used in Paint event of ContextMenu

Private Sub ContextMenuStrip1_Paint(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs) Handles ContextMenuStrip1.Paint
            Dim Gradient_Brush As New Drawing2D.LinearGradientBrush(e.ClipRectangle, Color.SteelBlue, Color.LightSteelBlue, 45)
            e.Graphics.FillRectangle(Gradient_Brush, e.ClipRectangle)
        End Sub

Gaurav Khanna
    • Marked as answer by Aland Li Thursday, April 15, 2010 5:36 AM
    Monday, April 12, 2010 2:33 PM

All replies

• What vista effect do you mean? And do you mean the system menu (left click the icon on top-left of the window)?

var Sebastian_Brand = { My_blog, Lictivate_Licensing_and_activation_service, Windows_Installer_and_WiX_tools, Outlook_add-ins }
    Monday, April 12, 2010 1:52 PM
  • If you are looking to have a Gradient Background in the context menu then following code can be used in Paint event of ContextMenu

Private Sub ContextMenuStrip1_Paint(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs) Handles ContextMenuStrip1.Paint
            Dim Gradient_Brush As New Drawing2D.LinearGradientBrush(e.ClipRectangle, Color.SteelBlue, Color.LightSteelBlue, 45)
            e.Graphics.FillRectangle(Gradient_Brush, e.ClipRectangle)
        End Sub

Gaurav Khanna
    • Marked as answer by Aland Li Thursday, April 15, 2010 5:36 AM
    Monday, April 12, 2010 2:33 PM