none
Report Viewer Large Data RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I`m having a problem on my work, we use ReportViewer witht VS 2008 ,.net framework 3.5,Report Viewer Local mode and he works perfectly until today, we need to load a repot with around 4000 pages, this report have to be loaded several times about the day because the data changes a lot and the work need him, the problem is the report show slow but show on the first and second time, after this only reeboting the server to work again, seems that the memory doesent free to reprocess again

. Is Web forms

Anyone have a idea ??

tanks
    -=NFT=-
    • Edited by NFT Tuesday, June 30, 2009 1:16 AM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:55 AM

All replies

• There are some known issues with local mode not releasing all of its memory.  You should definitely make sure you are using the latest version, including SP1 of VS 2008.  However, even with the latest version, local mode is not designed for large reports and will run into several scalability problems.  Running a 4000 page report is likely to encounter other performance issues as well.  A report of this size will perform much better when run on a report server.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 2:03 AM
  • There are some known issues with local mode not releasing all of its memory.  You should definitely make sure you are using the latest version, including SP1 of VS 2008.  However, even with the latest version, local mode is not designed for large reports and will run into several scalability problems.  Running a 4000 page report is likely to encounter other performance issues as well.  A report of this size will perform much better when run on a report server.

Hello Brian,

Tanks for the response,

What others Alternativa i have ?? exists another component that dont need to buy SQL server ? because in my company they dont want to,

Tanks again
    -=NFT=-
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:12 AM
  • Help
    -=NFT=-
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 2:44 PM