Only Sync a subset of the Cached Tables

Question

• I have over a dozen Cached Tables.  In some cases I want to Synchronize all the Cached Tables; and in other cases, I only want to Synchronize a small subset (1, 2, or 3) for performance reasons.  The code samples I have seen use the following, which synchronizes all Cached Tables.

DataCacheSyncAgent syncAgent = new DataCacheSyncAgent();

Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SyncStatistics syncStats = syncAgent.Synchronize();

How would I go about synchronizing just 1 table?

Thanks for the help,

Jack

• Moved by Tina_Tian Friday, April 22, 2011 8:07 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 3:04 AM

Answers

• This works:

Change the following code:

Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SyncStatistics syncStats = syncAgent.Synchronize();

To this code, allows me to just sync the Tooling table, and I get a performance gain by not having to sync all the Cached tables:

//Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SyncStatistics syncStats = syncAgent.Synchronize();

SyncProvider lp = syncAgent.LocalProvider;

SyncProvider rp = syncAgent.RemoteProvider;

SyncTable st = syncAgent.Tooling;

SyncAgent sa = new SyncAgent(lp, rp);

sa.Configuration.SyncTables.Add("Tooling");

sa.Configuration.SyncTables["Tooling"].SyncDirection = SyncDirection.Bidirectional;

Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SyncStatistics syncStats2 = sa.Synchronize();

Thursday, October 2, 2008 5:26 AM

All replies

•  

Hi

Just to clarify first: are you trying to  sync a Sql Server and a SqlCe db through a WCF?

Thanks

FTSIX

Thursday, October 2, 2008 4:19 AM
  • Hi, FTSIX

Thank you for responding.

I am using VS 2008 & VS SP1 in a Windows Form application.  The first step I took in building the app was to Add a "Local Database Cache" Item.  Through the wizard that runs when adding this Item, I chose to Cache several tables in an existing SQL Database.  The wizard then produced a DataSet and a SqlCe DB containing a replica of the SQL Database tables that I chose to cache.   The Client & Server Project locations are listed as being my Windows Form app.  The Server DB is listed as the Sql Server DB and the Client DB is listed as being a SqlCe db.  So I guess this would not qualify as using WCF.

Jack

Thursday, October 2, 2008 4:47 AM
  • This works:

Change the following code:

To this code, allows me to just sync the Tooling table, and I get a performance gain by not having to sync all the Cached tables:

//Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SyncStatistics syncStats = syncAgent.Synchronize();

SyncProvider lp = syncAgent.LocalProvider;

SyncProvider rp = syncAgent.RemoteProvider;

SyncTable st = syncAgent.Tooling;

SyncAgent sa = new SyncAgent(lp, rp);

sa.Configuration.SyncTables.Add("Tooling");

sa.Configuration.SyncTables["Tooling"].SyncDirection = SyncDirection.Bidirectional;

Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SyncStatistics syncStats2 = sa.Synchronize();

Thursday, October 2, 2008 5:26 AM