Realtime Collaboration with Excel spreadsheets, SP 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Just recently installed Sharepoint 2010 and have the Office Web Applications installed. I'm now able to view/edit my excel spreadsheets in the browser. We currently use Goggle Docs for realtime collaboration with some business spreadsheets and I was wondering if SP2010 (Excel Web App) has this capability, where multiple users can edit and view the changes in realtime. I've been looking through various blogs/posts, but haven't come across any decisive answer.
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:03 PM

Answers

• Yes, it allows for co-authoring.  When you're both in the spreadsheet in the browser, it notifies you in the bottom right corner that other users are viewing.  When you make a change, the other users see it after it updates (very quickly).  This is also available in Word and OneNote.
    SharePoint Architect || My Blog
    • Marked as answer by jpurdyeco Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:36 PM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:11 PM

All replies

• Yes, it allows for co-authoring.  When you're both in the spreadsheet in the browser, it notifies you in the bottom right corner that other users are viewing.  When you make a change, the other users see it after it updates (very quickly).  This is also available in Word and OneNote.
    SharePoint Architect || My Blog
    • Marked as answer by jpurdyeco Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:36 PM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:11 PM
  • Thanks. It worked.
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:36 PM