File not found error when creating a site collection using a custom site collection template RRS feed

• Question

• I created a site collection, designed it and custom it. As we need to create several site collection similar to it, i created a site collection template, using the SaveTmpl.aspx page, building a .stp file, saving it to my local machine an using the stsadm comand to add it to the server in matter.

After i iisreset the server, i try to create a site collection using this site collection template, no error so far, but when i go to the site, i got the

"File Not Found"

The site features and site collection features are correctly activated. I have all my .masters files approved, the page layouts approved, all the pages, documents, images approved, but no matter what page i'm trying to access i got the same error.

I would hate to create a site collection in blank, and then use the export-import method anytime i need to create this kind of site collection.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks.

PD: The site collection template was created using a custom template also. BUT, when i created this site collection using that first template i got the "File Not Found" but i fix it by modifying the master page used. Don't know why, it is created using the default.master, instead of the master i need to. When i change it, it works. But now, i got this error, but the master page used, is the one i need to use.

Regards, Joel Di Rosa
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 12:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

which master page is attached to the site template ?

Or in other way on the source site did you also modified the master page ?

make sure while you create a new site using that template it will be inherited from the source master page.

refer 

http://mm4sp.blogspot.com/2011/05/file-not-found-error-when-you-open.html

Also make sure if there is any custom feature used on source site it should be activated on the destination portal and then try to make site collection.

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:25 AM
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 9:49 AM