none
Azure Batch animation rendering RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! 

I want to use Azure (Azure Batch - Windows Virtual Machine - Category: CPU) for my heavy animation rendering. I've watched NVv3-series and I think the interface NV12s v3 | 12 | 112 GiB | 736 GiB | 1X M60 might be right for me, at least I think so.

Currently I have a free trial and it is still valid for 9 days. Obviously I need to upgrade it. If I want to use Azure Batch and CPU, is only the basic option enough or should I choose the standard option (low-priority VMs)?

And do I need to buy a virtual desktop rds cal license that I can use my accaunt and download my 3D software as well as a render there? Sipo Liimatainen

Saturday, December 28, 2019 8:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

your virtual machine size selection looks good.

For Azure Batch, Basic Subscription is enough. The difference between subscription types comes in the Support.

Have a look at this document (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/support/plans/)which describes about the difference in support for the different types of azure subscriptions.

The option to choose low priority vms is based the way you are going to manage the workload. As you know low priority vms can evict at any time, If you workload can tolerate that , You can go ahead with that.

You dont need to buy Remote desktop license. Best practice is to have a storage account and then mount them to all the azure compute nodes.  When a file is processed, Write them on the storage account so that you can download them from the storage account directly.

You can also use a custom script extension to mount a storage account  to all the nodes.

Let me know if you need more info

Monday, December 30, 2019 7:49 AM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

If the suggested response helped you resolve your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and "Up-Vote" for the answer that helped you for benefit of the community.

Thanks.

Thursday, January 2, 2020 8:43 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your reply. So again, I need to first create a Virtual Machine and then connect it with Azure Batch. Have I understood this correctly? I have no previous experience of cloud service use, so I'm a little confused what to do.

How do I actually download / install my 3D software to your service? Can I use 3D on the Azure service like mine own pc? The only difference is, that I have more performance on Azure than my own computer.

Regards,

Sipo Liimatainen

Sipo Liimatainen

Friday, January 10, 2020 6:09 PM