Can Ajax Autosave system make the webserver overloaded? RRS feed

• Question

• User283528319 posted

Hi,

<g class="gr_ gr_20 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="20" data-gr-id="20">Lets</g> say you have a form on a page with 10 inputs.

each input represents an entity framework model property /<g class="gr_ gr_675 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="675" data-gr-id="675">datatable</g> field.

instead of a submit button to save everything with <g class="gr_ gr_218 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="218" data-gr-id="218">html</g> post method

what if update the data table over <g class="gr_ gr_694 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="694" data-gr-id="694">entity</g> framework model with an ajax code, after user exits from each input box.

What do you think about it? pricy for network bandwidth? memory allocation (<g class="gr_ gr_441 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="441" data-gr-id="441">dont</g> know about garbage collection policy of the asp.net servers) and so on?

I want to build SPA like application with the help of Jquery and ajax data-transfer system. To mimic a data-driven desktop application.

What do you think?

Sunday, January 13, 2019 9:13 AM

All replies

• User-2054057000 posted

No, it will not make your server overloaded. I have done these AJAX feature for websites hosted on shared hosting of Godaddy. Till now I haven't found that the server became overloaded. 

I would also say that if your website gets a lot of traffic like 50k per day then it could be costly. It's all depends on the number of AJAX hits and the power of the server to take it these hits without breaking itself.

Sunday, January 13, 2019 9:20 AM