How to open Popup from Settings Charm that shall cover the whole screeen RRS feed

• Question

• For adding a new account in the E-Post App from Microsoft you first open a settings charm, then clicks "Add Account" and on the next settings charm you selects the type of Account you wants to add. Upon selecting the account type in the settings charm you are presented with a Popup covering the hole screen containing account information to be filled in.

In my application I've tried to copy this behavior.

From my settings charm I am open a Popup with a user control containing input controls. This is done in code behind. For a correct behavior when using a Soft Keyboard the controls needs to repositions them self when the keyboard slides out. To achieve this the Popup must be in the visual tree.

I have tried two approaches to add the Popup to the visual tree.

1. Adding the Popup as a child to the settings charm that are invoking the Popup.
    2. Adding the Popup as a child to the application window.

Both solutions gives me problems.

1. The Popup is restricted in size and position to the settings charm.

2. a. Very messy code to find the application window and where to add the Popup.

b. The Popup is initially displayed behind the settings charm,, but after the screen is rewrite it pops up in front of everything.

Can any help me with a solution to this?

Lasse

Sunday, February 2, 2014 10:59 AM

All replies

• why not navigating to a whole settings page in your Frame?

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Sunday, February 2, 2014 11:15 AM
  • I would like to have the page that covers the screen, partly transparant, so that I can see the Page behind.

lg

Monday, February 17, 2014 1:38 PM