How to Create a WebSetup for Click once type application(winforms).that can be installed in different server (without actually restricting with a URL) RRS feed

• Question

• User1740150593 posted

My plan is to publish a click once type app to a local directory and create a websetup with the published contents- so that i can give tat setup to install in two different servers. but as the publishing wizard takes a URL - separate setup is required for each server. Is there any way that i can create a single setup which i can use it in two servers..?

i found something to update URL in the Click once type published contents. Is there any way to do the URL update after a Web setup is created using the published contents..?

This i belive is how to update on the published contents before creating a websetup..!!

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/winformssetup/thread/1d5c722b-5a15-4783-88b5-0da93a3577c3/

Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:25 PM

Answers

• User1274561869 posted

Hi

You can provide a step.exe file, use need to download it to local.

This exe will collect user's server information, then connect to your server and get the right version to setup.

I think that the right way...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, March 4, 2012 9:34 PM

All replies

• User1274561869 posted

Hi

You can provide a step.exe file, use need to download it to local.

This exe will collect user's server information, then connect to your server and get the right version to setup.

I think that the right way...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, March 4, 2012 9:34 PM
  • User810354248 posted

please discribe the procedure to create websetup project without source code(asp.net+vb web)

Friday, March 9, 2012 10:14 PM