I want to know dll name RRS feed

• Question

• User-543240016 posted

I use  this code in aspx file

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
    <Scripts>
    <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Microsoft.Web.Preview" Name="PreviewScript.js"/>
    </Scripts>
    </asp:ScriptManager>

when i run i get this error

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Preview' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

so i find Microsoft.Web.Preview.dll to do ADD Reference but i cannot find 

i want to know what type of dll can be Add Reference and what can i do this problem

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 12:47 AM

Answers

• User1335925338 posted

Hi NyeinSu,

The ServiceReference class registers an ECMAScript (JavaScript) file for use on an ASP.NET Web page. You can include a JavaScript file on an ASP.NET Web page by registering it through a ScriptReference object. You can register a script file that is located as a .js file (a static script file) on the Web site. You can also register a script file that is embedded as a resource in an assembly. After registering the script file, you can use its functions in client script on the Web page.

To register a script file that is embedded as a resource in an assembly, set the Assembly property to the name of the assembly that contains the file. Then set the Name property to the name of the .js file that is embedded in the assembly. In that case, the script file must be embedded, not linked. The assembly is assumed to be in the Bin folder of the Web site. To find your script file, we need to embed it as a resource by referring your example file where you copy the code.

For an example of how to embed a JavaScript file in an assembly, see Walkthrough: Embedding a JavaScript File as a Resource in an Assembly.
    For more information, please refer to the example in this tutorial page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/system.web.ui.scriptreference.aspx

Have my suggestions resolved your issue?

Best regards,

Zhi-Qiang Ni

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, July 7, 2008 3:17 AM

All replies

• User-1772909511 posted

Any assembly that has WebResouce like javascript file etc. The assembly should be either in GAC or in bin or referenced by the application.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008 3:49 AM
  • User1335925338 posted

Hi NyeinSu,

The ServiceReference class registers an ECMAScript (JavaScript) file for use on an ASP.NET Web page. You can include a JavaScript file on an ASP.NET Web page by registering it through a ScriptReference object. You can register a script file that is located as a .js file (a static script file) on the Web site. You can also register a script file that is embedded as a resource in an assembly. After registering the script file, you can use its functions in client script on the Web page.

To register a script file that is embedded as a resource in an assembly, set the Assembly property to the name of the assembly that contains the file. Then set the Name property to the name of the .js file that is embedded in the assembly. In that case, the script file must be embedded, not linked. The assembly is assumed to be in the Bin folder of the Web site. To find your script file, we need to embed it as a resource by referring your example file where you copy the code.

For an example of how to embed a JavaScript file in an assembly, see Walkthrough: Embedding a JavaScript File as a Resource in an Assembly.
    For more information, please refer to the example in this tutorial page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/system.web.ui.scriptreference.aspx

Have my suggestions resolved your issue?

Best regards,

Zhi-Qiang Ni

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, July 7, 2008 3:17 AM