Setting the "Why String" for Online Rule in the Application Config center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi HealthVault experts;

I am trying to set the "Reason for Access" text that shows up in the allow access screen when users give access for any application to access their healthvault information.  I am assuming that this set in the "Online Rules" tab and "Why String" field in app config center.  In the allow access screen, when users expand "Information that xxx App needs to be able to access to work as intended" link, then they can see all the rules that are set up in the app config and why they are reading that information.  For production applications like Mayo Clinic and Diabetes 24/7, Personal Profile , there are two paragraphs of text when the users hover over "Reason for Access" link for "Personal Profile" as an example.  How could one set up this text in the app config center and where?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Meera

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Meera,

As you may have noticed, the reason for access text that shows up when you hover over the allow access screen is indeed set in the Why String field of the Online Rules tab. This field has a 160 character limit. If you duplicate the rule and provide a different Why String, the screen will show both Why Strings one after another.

Hope this helps,
    Santhosh 

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:04 AM
  • Hi Santhosh;

Thanks for your quick reply.  I tried duplicating a rule and putting two different "Why String".  It still does not show the second "Why String". 

Is this what we should do to display multiple paragraphs in the "Reason for Access" popup?

Thanks,

Meera

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:51 AM
  • After you duplicated the rule, give it some time before you try to see if it appears.

There should be no reason to have a detailed Why String longer than 160 characters. I'd stick to a sentence that is within the permissible limit. If you want to have longer sentence(s), you can always fill the Auth reason in Information tab.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:59 AM
  • Hi Santhosh;

Thanks for your reply.  I gave it a whole night and still does not show the two why strings I have put in after duplicating the rule like you mentioned.  Could you please tell me if I am missing anything else.

Thanks and I appreciate your response.

Meera

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:05 PM
  • Hi Santhosh;

In your previous reply, you have mentioned to use Auth reason in Information tab for longer text.  Where will this text show up in the allow access page?

Thanks,

Meera

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:50 PM
  • Hi Meera,

Without seeing the values you set up, I am not sure if I can say why the two strings are not showing up. You can send me the screen shots at v-sanpil at microsoft.com and I will take a look. Alternatively, you can just pick one data type and add two exact same online rules (with different names say, Rule1 and Rule2) and see if that helps narrow down the scope.

The string you specified in Auth reason in the Info tab, however, will not show up with the Allow Access page.

Thanks
    Santhosh

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:39 PM