APNS failed to authenticate RRS feed

• Question

• I created a push notification certificate from XCode on my Mac.  Upon uploading it to the Azure notification hub, I get the error:

" Failed to validate credentials with APNS. Error is Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.."

What is the password it is looking for?  I didn't enter a password when I created the certificate.  I used my Apple ID password, but that didn't work

Writing code is fun

Saturday, April 30, 2016 5:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you ensure that you followed all instructions provided in this article.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/notification-hubs-ios-get-started/

Here are the recommendation steps for exporting the certificate. Could you try one more time by following these steps?

1. Make sure that you export from keychain only the cert not the cert + key
    2. When you hit the export menu item on the cert, make sure that key is visible.

Thanks,
    Sateesh

Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.

• Marked as answer by attrib75 Thursday, May 5, 2016 1:18 AM
    Sunday, May 1, 2016 5:45 AM
  • When you export your certificate from keychain in .p12 format it asks to set password. This is the password you need to enter on azure. Also make sure you are selecting the valid type from Production and Sandbox. Select Production tab if you have generated production certificate and select Sandbox if generated development certificate.
    • Marked as answer by attrib75 Thursday, May 5, 2016 1:19 AM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 10:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you ensure that you followed all instructions provided in this article.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/notification-hubs-ios-get-started/

Here are the recommendation steps for exporting the certificate. Could you try one more time by following these steps?

1. Make sure that you export from keychain only the cert not the cert + key
    2. When you hit the export menu item on the cert, make sure that key is visible.

Thanks,
    Sateesh

Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.

• Marked as answer by attrib75 Thursday, May 5, 2016 1:18 AM
    Sunday, May 1, 2016 5:45 AM
  • When you export your certificate from keychain in .p12 format it asks to set password. This is the password you need to enter on azure. Also make sure you are selecting the valid type from Production and Sandbox. Select Production tab if you have generated production certificate and select Sandbox if generated development certificate.
    • Marked as answer by attrib75 Thursday, May 5, 2016 1:19 AM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 10:30 AM