PopupControl Keep Disappearing RRS feed

• Question

• User1247083224 posted
    Hi Guys... I'm running into a problem with the popupcontrolextender.  I have a user control that contains some checkboxes (that autopostback) in an updatepanel.  I use the popupcontrolextender to popup my control when a textbox is clicked and all that works fine.  The problem is, when you click on one of the checkboxes that are in the updatepanel inside my user control, the popup goes away.  Is there a workaround for this?  Any help would be appreciated!
    Saturday, September 2, 2006 2:54 PM

All replies

• User-396192383 posted

The only work aroundsw with postbacks within a AtlasToolkit control is one of the following:

1. turn off autopostback feature fot the control

2.  add <base target-"_self" > to the control being loaded (either aspx or ascx).. The other alternative and I haven't bothered with it - is changing the javascript for control to bypass anything that is not a ok or cancel event...(hvent bothered becuase if I wanted to program java I'd still be running my sites using Lotus Domino)....

There is also the possibility of adding an explicit Ipostback / ICallback to your control that will interecpt the requests... you would still need to modify the behavior of the related js script the popup control uses though...as it will intercept it first...

Saturday, September 2, 2006 10:10 PM